Alaska RV Camping Travelog – Index
RV Camping – Alaska Travelog
An RV camping trip to Alaska is a dream most RVers will never get to experience. We are fortunate to have been able to spend the time to take this amazing RV camping trip. Follow our daily RV camping travels as we cover over 6000 miles of the most incredible scenery in North America. We’ll share a few pictures of the trip along the way, but pictures can not do justice to this beautiful landscape.
You will notice that we often refer to the Mileposts book throughout the journal entries. We feel that if you drive to Alaska, you MUST have this book! Alaska, and Canada’s British Columbia and Yukon are rich in History. Jack London wrote popular novels such as White Fang, and The Call of the Wild (Global Classics), and contemporary poet Robert Service’ The Spell of the Yukon and Other Verses helped make knowledge of life in the north country wilderness well known. The Mileposts book will help you learn about the history as you go, with descriptions of what happened in the past, as well as what to expect on the road ahead.
We recommend that you only use the most current issue of Mileposts as it contains the most up-to-date road and service availability information.
Each days journal entries follow. Each day also has a link to the next and previous days journal entry so you can read one day after another if you wish, or you can come back to this page and go directly to a page you are interested in.
- Journal – Day 1 – The Trip Begins
- Journal – Day 2 – Milepost 0 of the Alaska Highway.
- Journal – Day 3 – The Road to Muncho Lake.
- Journal – Day 4 – What I like about Automatic Transmission Fluid.
- Journal – Day 5 – Mileposts, Signposts, and Whitehorse…Oh My!
- Journal – Day 6 – Kluane Lake and Beyond.
- Journal – Day 7 – Border Crossing.
- Journal – Day 8 – Fairbanks to Nenana.
- Journal – Day 9 – Denali and Mount McKinley.
- Journal – Day 10 – Riley Creek.
- Journal – Day 11 – RV Camping at Riley Creek.
- Journal – Day 12 – 15 – Dogs, Sleds, and Moose!
- Journal – Day 16 – Parks Highway, Southbound!
- Journal – Day 17 – Anchorage and beyond.
- Journal – Day 18 – Sailing, Sailing, Over the Ocean Blue
- Journal – Day 19 – Bear Bait!
- Journal – Day 20 – Road to Kenai & Old Friends
- Journal – Day 21 – The End of the Road Homer
- Journal – Day 22 – Full Campground
- Journal – Day 23 – Richardson Highway To Valdez
- Journal – Day 24-25 – Do you know the way to Chicken?
- Journal – Day 26 – Gold!
- Journal – Day 27 – Cinnamon Rolls and Whitehorse
- Journal – Day 28 – Breakdown!
- Journal – Day 29 – Hey Buddy…Can You Spare A Socket?
- Journal – Day 30 – Final Days