Kansas RV Camping
Kansas RV Camping
Kansas RV camping opportunities are located throughout the state. The Sunflower State offers campers and RVers free and inexpensive campgrounds in or near most communities. The US Forest Service (USFS), US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE/COE), and state and community parks offer facilities that vary from dry camping to full RV hookup campsites.
Kansas RV Parks
- Kansas RV Parks – Research tools for finding the best RV parks and campgrounds in Kansas.
Federal RV Camping Information
- US Forest Service – USFS Kansas RV camping and recreation information for the Cimarron National Grassland in southwest Kansas. Boondocking only.
- US Army Corps of Engineers – USACE/COE information about Corps lakes and camping opportunities in Kansas. Over 20 lakes have RV camping facilities.
- US Fish and Wildlife Service – FWS information about wildlife refuges in Kansas. Most FWS refuges do not permit camping in Kansas.
State RV Camping Information
- Kansas State Parks – Information about RV camping and other outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Kansas Department of Wildlife – Information about Kansas Wildlife Management Areas (WMA’s) camping opportunities. Their website has the rules and locations.
- Official Kansas Tourism Website – Where to go and what to do. Includes Kansas RV camping suggestions and travel planning ideas.
- Camping Reservations – Make your Kansas campground reservations, and your campsite will be waiting for you when you arrive.
RV Dumps Stations In Kansas
- Sanidumps.com – RV dump locations are listed alphabetically by town name.
- RVdumps.com – Places to dump your RV in Kansas.
Free Kansas RV Camping Locations
The following is only a small sample of available free Kansas RV camping opportunities available.
RV camping is available at Walnut River Park. It is not free but is only $5 per night with water and electricity available in the campground. 3-day limit. Located at 1400 East Madison.
Airport Park is located on Highway 81 at the south edge of town. Electric & water are available for a donation with a dump station. It is located across the street from a Walmart Supercenter. Thanks, Palmers, for the tip!
Public Kansas RV Camping
Public Kansas RV camping areas are managed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks, US Forest Service, and USACE (US Army Corps of Engineers). Public RV camping is also available at city and county parks as well. The following list is only a sample of the great Kansas RV camping sites is available.
- Comfort Cove – 52 reservable full hookup RV campsites.
- Day Use – Boat ramp, vault toilet, disc golf, RV camping.
- Timber Road – Reservable campsites, nature trail, and group shelter available.