Oklahoma RV Camping
Oklahoma RV Camping and Campgrounds
Oklahoma RV camping is OK as far as we’re concerned! Oklahoma is loaded with history and outdoor recreation opportunities. Whether you like to fish, horseback ride, hike, or take it easy, Oklahoma has something for everyone. From full-service private RV resorts to basic service public campgrounds, you’ll have no trouble finding a great Oklahoma RV camping location.
Oklahoma RV Parks
- Oklahoma RV Parks – Research tools for finding the best Oklahoma RV parks and campgrounds.
Federal RV Camping Information
- National Park Service – NPS information about Oklahoma RV camping at NPS administered areas.
- US Forest Service – Ouachita National Forest – USFS camping and recreation information for the Ouachita National Forest in southeast Oklahoma. Includes specific Oklahoma RV camping information.
- US Forest Service – Cibola National Grasslands – Official RV camping and recreation information about the Cibola National Grasslands located in west Oklahoma and Oklahoma’s panhandle.
- Army Corps of Engineers – USACE/COE information about Corps lakes and Oklahoma RV camping opportunities.
- US Fish and Wildlife Service – FWS information about wildlife refuges in Oklahoma. Not all FWS refuges permit camping, so check local regulations carefully.
State RV Camping Information
- Oklahoma State Parks – Information about RV camping and other outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Oklahoma Department of Wildlife -Information about Oklahoma Wildlife Management Areas (WMA’s) camping opportunities. Their website has the rules and locations. Search for “camping” on the web site for quick access to some of Oklahoma’s best remote RV camping locations.
- Official Oklahoma Tourism Website – Where to go and what to do. Includes Oklahoma RV camping suggestions and trip planning ideas.
- Camping Reservations – Make your Oklahoma campground reservations, and your campsite will be waiting for you when you arrive.
RV Dumps Stations In Oklahoma
- Sanidumps.com – RV dump locations are listed alphabetically by town name.
- RVdumps.com – Places to dump your RV in Oklahoma.
Free Oklahoma RV Camping
There are numerous free Oklahoma RV camping opportunities. Federally administered forest, grasslands and lake locations, state wildlife areas, and many small-town city parks offer free RV camping in Oklahoma. The following list shows only a small sample of available free camping locations in Oklahoma. Every listed location can be found in the Federal and State resources listed above.
Free RV camping is available at Randlett City Park. RV hookups, including two handicap sites, dump, picnic areas, outdoor grills, pavilion, group facilities, swimming pool, propane, playground, and horseshoes.
Located near Broken Bow, the Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area offers primitive campsites with no amenities. Fishing and hunting area available for camping. Check rules carefully.
A 250-acre lake and 750-acre park with free RV camping and hookups are available at Lake Elk City. Boat ramps, docks, picnic areas, pavilion, outdoor grills, playground, mountain bike trails, horseback, and hiking trails.
Close to Woodward is the Cimarron Bluff Wildlife Management Area. Fishing and hunting area available for camping with designated primitive camping area located on the south side of the area.
Oklahoma Public Campgrounds
Oklahoma public campgrounds are managed by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife & Parks, US Forest Service, and USACE (US Army Corps of Engineers). Public camping is also available at city and county parks as well. The following list is only a sample of the great camping sites in Oklahoma. Use the resource links above to find public campgrounds in Oklahoma.
Bernice State Park offers semi-modern RV and tent campsites, flush toilets, showers, boat ramp, picnic areas, playground, paved walking and jogging path, wildlife observation decks, swimming, and a Nature Center.
Dry camping for tents and RVs is available at the US Forest Service administered Black Kettle Campground. Boating, hiking, and fishing are just some of the activities available.
The US Forest Service offers the Cedar Lake Recreation Area. Over 80 campsites are available, some reservable. Activities include hiking, fishing, swimming, picnicking, and boating. Recreation Guide.
54 campsites with modern amenities like electric hookups, drinking water, and flush toilets are available at the US Corps of Engineers Coon Creek Campground. Excellent fishing and hunting, as well as hiking trails.
Fishing, hiking, and many more activities await you at Chickasaw National Recreational Area. Six public campgrounds offer varying levels of facilities, from tent camping to large RV sites. Campground Information provides details about the differing Oklahoma RV camping facilities at the six developed campgrounds.